Re: RC: TOP TEN TIPS!!

   guest@endurance.net wrote: guest@ridecamp noneIf
Weight, at the last water stop fill up your water
bottles and keep themfull, ...

Very contraversial advice (not bad though).  Several
years ago, some were hopping mad about weight and said
you should weigh sans water bottles because you use
that  water during the day.  Well, if you drink it,
you're still carrying the weight untill...you know.
However, if you poor it on your horse, you no longer
carry that weight.  Back in the day, some would soak
their saddle blankets before weighing in.

I know a junior rider here in OK.  She's placed right
now in our region hi-point junior standings.  She has
WON BC as a JUNIOR RIDER!  She weighs next to nothing
and rides in a little English saddle.  Heck...*I*
could carry her 50 miles.  When you ride your horse in
balance and correctly, that goes a long way in helping
that horse recover and continue in the best condition
he can.

=====
Susan Young Casey
Glenndale Grace Farm
Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles,
and win the race!"         - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)