Susan G. --- B6 Question.

I have a very spikey and nervous little mare.  It has been recommended to me
to give her around 500 mg of B6 and 700 mg of B1 to 'calm' her.
I know that B6 is given to menopausal women for hot flashes and mood swings
with some success.
Well, I tried this and I'll be darned if she didn't seem to calm right down.
It's a mare thing, I guess.

But here's my question.  I know that B6 can have toxic side effects in humans
at 100-200 mg.  These include neurological symptoms like tingling of the
hands and feet, along with some dizziness, etc.

My mare is small. 730lbs.

I've stopped giving her the B's because I started getting a little worried
and aside from asking her if her hooves are tingling, I have no idea how I
can tell if this dosage is affecting her adversely.

So she was on B's for just over a week and I definitely noticed a
difference----for instance,she actually let me mount her at a MOUNTING
BLOCK!!!!!!  Imagine that!!!!
Now, she's back to her old lovable self...and we're back to me mounting from
the ground...hop...hop...hop....UP we go....and hang on...

So, whadaya think about the B's, Sue?

Thanks,
Kath