Re: Tevis Completion Percentage This Year

I did not ride the ride but did work it.  I was told by many old time riders that the dust was so thick this year that neither horse nor rider could see the rocks beneath, I am sure this was a factor in the high number of pulls.  As a side note it was so dry that there were only 2 very small bog's in the high country.  I am told that the riders coming into Robinson Flats were much dirtier than in most years (this is saying a lot as they are usually filthy).
Corky Young
----- Original Message -----
From: DabneyEsq@cs.com
To: Ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 9:23 AM
Subject: RC: Tevis Completion Percentage This Year

I'm just really curious as to why the completion percentage was so low this
year; also the top ten completion times weren't as fast as they have been.
Seems especially odd given the nice weather.

I believe Marci Cunningham mentioned a new section of trial.  Marci, do you
think that contributed?  (By the way, thanks Marci for the post.  Reminded me
why I really detest that ride [but watch--will probably be there next year:
Sick!].)

Dabney Finch