Re: Re: Show and tell, questions for oldbies

> Exactly my perspective. You spend 3 years training a horse to do
> Endurance. He is trained beyond your wildest dreams. His manners are
> perfect He is so fit that he could "gallop" 25 miles....so then you do
> 25 mile LD...and he thinks..."Oh, Boy! This is fun!" and he flys through
> the thing and never gets the edge off.

Ok Jim et al.,  I buy this philosophy for my ex-racer.  How much trail
work/milage do I need as a prerequisite for attempting a first 50?  I was
planning to bring her up through NATRC, but I have a feeling she can do 25's
without working hard.  I like the idea of doing as much of a slow 50 as we
can with the option of pulling.  *I* may "see god' after 30 miles, but
that's another issue. :-)

Cheers-
Michelle