Spanish Mustang, Anyone??

I am looking at a 7 yr old black Spanish Mustang to condition for 50 mile rides.  This
is a mare, about 14 h., with great clean legs and hard feet.  She's waaaay
overweight, about 70 lbs, but otherwise seems pretty healthy.  She's not been
worked much, just some pleasure trail riding.  She has a nice easy walk and a
decent trot, but because of her weight, I wasn't comfortable working her any
faster.

Is there anyone who is riding a Sp. Mustang in endurance who can offer some insights
into this breed being used for this sport?  Any help will be most appreciated.

Sue Riegel, So. Oregon
http://sites.netscape.net/zureeg/viajerosranch