Re: RC: Re: Marcia First Across the Finish LINE!

I don't *think* that's a record. Poss. Boyd ZOntelli holds
that? Try looking on the Tevis website for historical FAQs.

The weather was *very* cool for this time of year (read
"freezing"), but the vets I spoke to at the finish said
that the horses weren't going faster because of that.
They felt the most pulls were for lameness from the rocks.

I was just down watching them vet through the last couple
of horses, and here comes Marcia, walking her horse out
seven hours after they finished.

By all accounts, she ran the trail between the Swinging
Bridge and Devil's Thumb - and Saamson ran along loose
behind her. And again he followed her like a dog at
the final vet check. Fit lady.

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@foothill.net
Repotted english person scrabbling around in the Sierra Nevada, CA

Tevis coverage at:
http://www.quacky.co.uk/~elsie/Tevis-2001/