Re: RC: horse eating mud/dirt

I'm glad to hear that my horse isn't the only nutcase out there.  On a ride
this past May, in East Texas, the trail crossed several really nice clear
streams (a rarity in this area!).  I thought, oh, good, my horse can have
some nice clean water.  He wouldn't touch the stuff.  But when we got out on
some open dirt roads, there were lots of puddles filled with water the color
and consistancy of chocolate milkshakes, and probably 90 degrees from being
in full sun.  He not only tried to drain nearly every one of them, but would
skid and swerve to a halt from a trot to do so.  I figured we'd have to pump
the mud out of his stomach at the end of the ride!  <G>

Dawn in Texas