Re: RC: fit to finish??

Well, I wasn't there either. BUT remember just because a horse was "there"
in camp doesn't mean it was being ridden. For the most part they would have
to be hauled along from camp to camp, being treated by the crew until they
were again fit enough for service or the trek ended.
They really couldn't just be put on the next bus back home, or shot, or
dumped out along the road. Packing up and leaving the ride (if you had other
horses available) just because one of your horses had minor (even if
unsightly, hair does take a while to grow back)problem would also be a bit
much. I don't think ridecampers are riding enough or something.
Nancy Mitts