Charges only pertain to AERC members

I was surprised to hear that if someone rides their horse to the point of dying
and they are not and AERC then there is no recourse to penalize the rider
through AERC action.  I think this is something that can be accomplished.  The
AERC should make every registered rider in a ride whether a member or not,
accountable and understand they are liable for the overall health of the animal
and will be prosecuted if need be for malicous killing of an animal, in this
case a horse under AERC regulations for the ride. If this is not in the laws of
the AERC now then it should be taken up at the next BOD for inclusion.  However
every horse that has died at an AERC ride has not done so through maliceous
behavior of the rider.  Any death of a horse at a ride should be assumed not to
be maliceous at first and to be proved later at a hearing.

I havn't been in the discussion much lately but have been reading with great
interest.  I am not a lawyer either.  But I think AERC should address the issue.
begin:vcard
n:Pollock;Don AERC M22287 & Linda
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:donp@dcr.net
adr;quoted-printable:;;Oak Hill Farm=0D=0A1400 Birdie Road;Lawrenceburg;Kentucky;40342;
fn:Don, Linda, JR, Bay and the cats and dogs
end:vcard