RE: Nature of American endurance

Frank and everyone,
You have expressed my sentiments exactly. As children we were taught "It's not wheter you win or lose, it's how you play the game." We taught our children to do their best and never give up. That is what this sport is all about. Also, not intending to get on a sopapbox or preach, but in the Bible, the book of Revelation, in the letters to the seven churches, there are specific promises made to "...he who overcomes..." How we handle problems, events, circumstances beyond our immediate control, and so on, is the most important thing. And learning from our own mistakes and the mistakes of others.
I had better quit now. I can get REALLY WORDY, which is why I try to be a lurker here.
Lucie H, Bukkura, Trinity and Star

We will continue to have isolated incidents of bad luck, bad
horsemanship, bad management, bad trail markings, bad decisions on the trail,
etc.  But, it will be the manner in which we overcome these things that will
define us as an organization.
   Not ANYONE'S ideas of "world rankings" or whatever.
   Smooth Sailing,
     Frank
     U.S.Navy-Retired
     AERC #8422