Newcomer concern

Shellie Brassler bean2591@aol.com
Penny,
I, too, have a Paint and we are training now for a LD ride in October!!
(actually started 'easy' training April 2000) When I saw that comment
about the Paint it made me go... "hummmmm". Thanks for putting your
question out there.
To the riders reading this,  I have been reading all the comments about
the mare that died and the horses on IVs and what a disgrace that would
be, but I was hoping to see postings that might help me with my mental
preparation for the new sport I have found.  Now, I think I may become
paranoid with every little stumble or swish of his tail!  I love the
rides, the relationship that has developed between my horse and me, and
the awesome power he has, not to mention the beauty of being in the
outdoors! I have picked up many great tips...but for me as a soon to be
first-timer, I'm beginning to second guess myself. Anyone else feeling
this way?
Shellie & Popeye (the Paint of my life)