Dead Mare At NASTR

Rusty milesnmiles@hotmail.com
I find is unbelieveable that there hasn't been a protest filed - or
something else done.  It is possible that the rider is not an AERC
member - so sanctions may not be able to be levied against her.   In any
event - a full investigation should be completed by the vets and a report
be made available.  IF the rider was at fault ( could be ignorance or
intentional) - it should be public.  She should be on 'probation' for
future endurance rides, and ride managers should know about the incident.
I have friends at the ride, and am appalled at their lack of wanting to
get involved.  All 3 friends stated that opinions, and seemed to agree
that there should be an investigation, but no one will initiate it.  I
wasn't there - but am becoming more and more disgusted with how endurance
riders are addressing the 'dirty laundry' of our sport.  We are FAR from a
world class organization in this regards.