high withers and hollowing out- which saddle?

Hi everyone. I'm having a problem. I use a Boz saddle with a 1" pad (it's the
foam pad attatched to the saddle) for my high withered horse. That's Boz's
fix for a high withered horse but my horse also is hollowing out on either
side of the withers and is a little bit sway backed.
Our first problem came when we did a 25 mi. LTD. His back was sore, the
withers were sore and the only thing I was using under the saddle was the no
sweat vent pad. So I decided to use a gel pad on top of the no sweat and did
a 25 mile CTR. There, the back was fine but had a nice lump on the right side
of the withers, toward the bottom. The vet told me that because of the gel
pad, I was getting pressure points because the pad wasn't covering the whole
underside of the saddle. As you can tell, I'm not a very educated person on
the whole saddle fit thing. She said to shave off some foam under the saddle
and use a wool back pad. She also said the saddle was a bit big on him but
could be used.
Well, I haven't done that yet because a saddle repair friend made me a custom
saddle pad with real wool and filled in the spots that were hollowing out.
We're talking 2" of pad to fill in the back.  (I don't use the gel pad
anymore.)
Went to a 25 mile LTD and once again, the lump came back on the withers.
Does anyone have a horse with these problems and what kind of saddle do you
use? I will probably need an english type of saddle with big knee rolls
(better to hold on to when he does his happy bucks at the canter), that way,
the front of the saddle will dip toward me and not be on the withers.  The
former owner used an old model OF that's almost impossible to find.
I put my Boz in the correct place on him so that's not the problem.
What do you use for a horse built like this? He's 15 HH. Any suggestions?
Thank you. Deb