Re: When you get your Endurance News read this !

----- Original Message -----
From: Roger Rittenhouse
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 7:30 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: When you get your Endurance News read this !

From Roger Rittenhouse  DAL

When Barney and the Exec Committee made the decision to revoke our
membership in AHSA, I approved of this action.
While many felt we - the BOD - should have been advised before the
action was taken, I concur the right action was taken when it needed to
done.

The reason for action was two fold:
ONE- the statement in the AHSA policy and membership application - lead
me to be concerned we COULD come under the control of AHSA. Even IF
the compliance issue with ALL the AHSA rules did NOT mean they would direct
how we run AERC, the chance they MAY was good enough for me to drop out
Until we had all the details we should keep out of this organization. AHSA has an agenda to become the NGB,
they are taking a firm stance on control - we do not need to be in
that dog fight.

TWO. They indicated THEY OWN the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP title. This
applies to the AERC NC. Again out of line here. The NATRC has a NC
ride but since THEY are not associated with AHSA they is no issue with
them. Since they are CTR - this is not an issue with AHSA and
they have no international competition.
No one owns our NC.   No Sponsor or outside organization.

So the action was correct - even IF there may be a conflict of
reasons.

I would like to hear from AHSA as to what they can do for US, not what we
can do for them. What does AERC need them for?
Seems ALL they want is OUR MONEY and control.
They want  to be the NGB.

Pres Barney and Val Kanavy are on target.

This is why I fear the Olympics as much as I do.  One organization after another trying to take over AERC. Let's see we have FEI, USET, AHSA.  And what do they want? From all three I hear, "Hey, let's put endurance in the Show Ring, where it belongs."  We'll make endurance a spectator sport yet!

I'm starting to feel sorry for those riders who do have International aspirations.  Their future looks grim and gloomy.  Heck, you don't even know what organization(s) to join if you want to compete for that coveted Gold, Silver, or Bronze.  Oh, I forgot, most of them you can't really join.  Could things be any clearer?

And now one of them wants to take over our National Championship Ride?  I always figured FEI would try and slip in through the back door, but I didn't think the real show ring people would have that kind of nerve.  Heck, they don't even invite us to Dance with the Sultans of Swing or anything; at least try and bribe us with something so we can say how great y'all are.

cya,

Howard (make sure you have my new email address so I don't miss any daily hate mail)