Night Riding...

Other than that I just ride on and enjoy the scenery -
the peaceful stillness of the world at night. And there is no greater rush than
cutting through the eerie stillness as your horse gallops down the trail though
the black of night.

My horse sees just fine in the dark too but he just doesn't seem to care about
watching for ribbons at all.  It's fine when he knows the trail - like the
California loop on Tevis that we pre-rode but when neither of us have seen the
trail before - it's not my favorite thing... I carry a flashlight for the ribbons
or hope to ride with someone who knows the trail.

Mike