Re: RC: RE: FEI stuff, selection procedures - placement vs time

> As to the selection situation. I believe that it should take into account
> that there are the two objectives in FEI competition. First, and I feel most
> important, you are riding for your country. Call me old fashioned and
> patriotic but that is exactly what I feel the TEAM should be doing. Then
> there are the individual medals. These are the icing on the cake. If someone
> on the team gets one that is a bonus, but the TEAM COMES FIRST. (can the US
> riders ever get this through their heads?)
>
> Therefore the qualifying rides should show some measure of TEAM WORK! All of
> our entire system is geared to the individual effort. Screw your neighbor if
> you have to but WIN. That way you will make the TEAM. Well, this does not
> make good team members. It makes for cut throat competition between team
> members.
>
> Sorry, but there is a missing factor in the equation. I am not yet sure how
> to introduce it yet but with further discussion like is going on I believe
> we could work something out.

Bob:

I am with you 500% on this.  I have been to most
of the WEC's in the past decade.  The biggest
problem then USA faces is the lack of team
players.....So far, we have not had the kind of
leadership to promote teamwork, nor the riders
(not in all cases) that rode for the "team".  It
is not an easy job to do this, in defense of our
leadership.  Nor is it easy to ask this of riders
who are used to riding as "individuals"......AND,
I am not just referring to the riders.  the "team"
effort involves everyone from the farrier to the
waterboy all the way up to the management
staff.....

--
Teddy Lancaster

WARNING: We will be unavailable from January 25 to
March 13, 2001 as we will be attending trade shows
around the country.  Please plan ahead.

If they are shooting at you, you must be doing
something right--

Does this mean I cannot tell the Emperor he has
no clothes unless I have a Kingdom?
--

Running Bear Farm, Inc.
1348 Township Road 256