Campers

Re:  the current camper discussion, I have recently acquired a Northstar
10 1/2'  pop-up camper which is wonderful.  It is 1000 lbs. lighter than
my other camper, an 11 1/2' huge thing that is loaded w/ goodies.  The
pop-up Northstar is also loaded;  even has A/C (which I may never use!),
bath, inside & outside showers, solar, elect. jacks, heater, etc. It's
very comfortable, and only takes the turn of an inside hand-crank & a
few minutes (as in about 2) to raise the roof.  It has lots of storage,
even under the full length of the queen-size bed.  It has a huge dining
table, and a booth that makes into another large, long bed.  Even with
the roof down, the interior is easily accessable and usable for those
necessary traveling stops we all need.

My truck is a 93 Dodge 3/4 ton diesel, and I pull a 4 horse 16 foot
(maybe 18') trailer.  Truck has lots of power and handled my 11 1/2'
camper fine, but I sure prefer the way the pop-up camper rides,
especially on curvey roads.  I also have air-bags on the rear end of the
truck, and a beefed-up extension hitch.  And of course, anti-sway bars.

I used to think pop-ups were cheesey, but now I'm a believer. My other
camper  now serves as a very useful ranch office and storage facility.

Sarah Zegers

"Good Horses Make Short Miles" @