Re: looking for spring stirrups

> Jennifer Nice jnice@socal.rr.com
> Remember the spring stirrups that Orthoflex carried years ago? They had a
built-in spring coil that was intended to reduce concussion on the rider's
knees. Anyone know of a company that makes something like this now? Anyone
have a pair of the old Orothoflex stirrups?

I started with a pair of the OF spring stirrups and after several near-death
experiences thanks to poor design, lousy workmanship and zero customer
service (provided grudgingly with alot of snarling), I ran a classified
offering to sell them to the first person with five bucks---then withdrew
the ad, because I didn't want anyone else's ugly and inevitable death on my
hands.  They did, however, have a fine career as a very expensive swinging
perch for my cockatoo.

How's that for an objective opinion? <g>

Give the Trail Techs a try.  Much better quality and value (as in, they have
some).

Susan G