saddle fit

My Arab has an extremely short back.  When I put the saddle on her where it
seems to fit correctly, I feel like I am sitting on her shoulders and if she
bucks on trail (young horse), she throws me off immediately.  If I slide the
saddle back any to where I don't feel like I'm on her shoulders, then the
girth doesn't lay in the correct place.  Any suggestions on this without
having to buy a new saddle?  Doesn't matter the type of saddle - western,
English, or Australian.  Thanks!

Katrina in Ohio