Essential Oils

Bonnie Miller grggmiller@aol.com
In response to EN article on scratches, the subject of natural remedies comes to mind.  I use the essential oil "oregano" or "thyme" to cure scratches on my horses.  Take 3 drops of oil, mix with 1 tsp of olive oil and apply directly to scratches.  As opposed to DMSO and dewormer drugs, the oils fit my "granola" approach!  For worming/parasites, I use 2 oz. of garlic powder with fresh beets in the feed daily ...in addition to a natural wormer paste every 6 mo....available at Chamisa Ridge 1-800-743-3188. My worming program has proven very successful!  Then again, I am someone who wouldn't dream of denying my horses feet the necessary circulation required for soundness, and keep my horses barefoot (forever).  CONGRADULATIONS to Darolyn Butler for riding a 50-miler barefoot!  Thanks for setting a good example.
Bonnie Miller
Flagstaff, AZ