Re: going bitless...now completely off-topic and on to dressage-bashing

Karen Sullivan wrote:

> Linda B. Merims <lbm@ici.net> wrote:
> > Actually, this brings up an interesting question:  Are hackamores
> > permitted in dressage?  I think they should seriously consider them.
> > It seems to give exactly what they are looking for.
> >
> > Linda B. Merims
>
> Should be....and I always thought that dressagae riders should go
> bareback....I mean, if the cues to the horse are supposed to be undetectable
> to the spectator, what better way for the horse to feel those "rider
> seatbone cues", than if the rider was bareback?...

As a Saddleseat rider, I am absolutely the last one who should
throw rocks, but I always thought is was funny how the stated
goal of dressage was to have the horse move forward "naturally"
and all it took was 8 years of schooling before a horse was
ready to move forward "naturally" in Grand Prix.

My last post on this topic.  Honestly.

I should go ride.

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net