Re: Re: going bitless...but drifting off topic

> >...I would
> >only caution that the primary concern be with helping the horse to move
> >freely, unimpeded by the rider or any mechanical "aids".
>
> Actually, this brings up an interesting question:  Are hackamores
> permitted in dressage?  I think they should seriously consider them.
> It seems to give exactly what they are looking for.
>
> Linda B. Merims

Should be....and I always thought that dressagae riders should go
bareback....I mean, if the cues to the horse are supposed to be undetectable
to the spectator, what better way for the horse to feel those "rider
seatbone cues", than if the rider was bareback?
Why put all that ridgid saddle between horse and rider?  Those guys aren't
going anywhere, anyway!  If they fall off, it's just onto the surface of
some $40,000 shredded-up sneakers arena footing!

And, while on the subject of dressage, anyone else laughing at all the
photos in the dressage and breed magazines of dressage riders?  Current
trend I seem to see on the west coast is horrible equitation: riders hips
thrust forward; shoulders leaning way back and slumped forward-toes DOWN and
heels UP!  Looks like the rider is using all their weight and force to DRIVE
those horses forward!  Maybe they should all get Arabs!

Karen