From: Joy Bolt
To: desotosaddle@voyager.net ; sandy&gary waldrip
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 6:53 PM
Subject: further along the trail

Now that we've been down the road a few miles I wanted to update you on our "DeSoto Experiences". What I expected from this saddle was a more comfortable horse. I knew that his increased comfort would improve our overall performance and potentiate our partnership. I knew the saddle would be beautiful and exquisitely engineered because I looked at one and spoke to several happy owners before I ordered mine. What I did not expect from this saddle was that it would improve my own comfort and abilities to the degree it has. Correct position is effortless, my legs are under me without a struggle and this allows all the building blocks of my riding position to align correctly without any conscious thought on my part. What a concept! PE's response has been equally dramatic. He has come up with this marvelous swinging walk - where the heck has that been all this time? We can almost walk up with our gaited buddies now. Hills have become "places to run up" and it's wonderful to ride down a bank on a PE with ears forward and neck relaxed. Even flat schooling is more fun. PE's back comes right up, his transitions are lighter and more subtle and even his reverse has improved. He's listening to my seat much more and he seems to be free from "saddle irritation" for the first time since we've been partners - maybe for the first time in his life. Every ride I wonder why I didn't do this sooner (and I'm sure PE wonders that too!).

EUREEKA! The best description for the DeSoto Experience is Liberating.