Re: Confiscated Hay

kmprice51@hotmail.com writes:

 >so I took a 2-wire bale of oat hay with me when I
>left to drive home.  At the Ag. Inspection Station just south of the
>Calif. state line the bale was taken from me, over my objections.
 >   Why taken?   Because the hay was not certified that it was free of
>the SIERRA BLISTER BEETLE.   The fact that Jackson County, where the
>ranch is, is one of several counties in Oregon where SBBs have not been
>found, made no difference to the lady inspector.   She let me have a
>flake for my horse and kept the rest.. So then I drove off, and I think
>the adrenaline from that encounter lasted for at least 50 miles   (:-#)
I don't know about y'all, but this kind of thing just irks the crap out of me.  Sometimes I wonder how on earth I survived 20 years in the Air Force when I feel so anti authority the way I do.  I don't know about the Agricultural Stations at the California border, but I do know that the ones on the Florida side are run by complete morons.

Lisa Salas told me about one time, when she was leaving or entering Florida, the Agricultural guy questioned her Coggins papers on her grey Arab (aren't they all grey?) and told her the horse looked white to him.  Almost confiscated her horse cause he was convinced her Arab was white, not grey.  MORONS, MORONS, MORONS!

What exactly are these people protecting us from?  Us?  Them?  It would make more sense to me to require all Yankees entering Florida to present a passport certifying that they will never say, "We do things better up North," while visiting the great state of Florida.  If they had to put up with the crap I have to deal with to get my horse in and out of my state we'd have a tourist shortage down here. Then the Morons would be doing something useful to earn their paycheck.

cya,
Howard