Re: RC: Breeds and endurance

In a message dated Tue, 17 Jul 2001  7:41:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "jsalas" <jsalas@tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> But isn't a 1/2 Arab and an Arab cross the same??

Not necessarily.  IAHA defines a half-Arab as having one purebred parent.  But you could breed two half-Arabs and still have a horse that is an "Arab cross."  I'd suspect that some half-Arabs have been listed as "Arab crosses" though.

>This year and for the next few years I hope, I will be competing on an   Arab/Andalusian. No full Andalusians on the list? No halves? Will he be the only   one?

Chheng Biv in Oregon rides Andalusians and Lusitanos.  I don't know if he competed in 2000 or not, or if his horses are listed in Mike's "Other" category.

Heidi