Two rides in one day

I hope this is not too out of date..we just got back from the Timberon 5
Day Ride...

Chris Lingar did complete two 100 mile rides in one day in the mid
1980's.  He alternated horses from the Vet Checks and was able to
complete two 100 mile rides at the same event in 24 hours.  I think he
may have ridden HCC Chambosk and a horse whose name started with a "Q".
The ride was in California and Chris was a LT. in the Air Force at the
time.  His feat caused much discussion and there were several letters in
the EN about the pros and cons of this event.   He was also featured,
with Bob and Julie Suhr, in an 1983 Arabian Horse World article about
riding in Alaska ( I think).  He later was transferred to Albuquerque and
in 1986 or 87 Chris and his HCC Rustwah horse, nicknamed Rooster, won the
AERC National Best Condition Championship.  At the time there was much
controversy and nasty politics going on in AERC dealing mostly with Les
and Trilby, but somehow Chris's National BC Championship was tainted by
the same nasty charges and politics.  Chris was and is as "straight" as
the come and he won the National BC fair and square competing in many
different rides with many different Vets.  After this period he moved
back east and has not been involved in the endurance world.

Randy Eiland