DeSoto saddle accessories

Any input on what pads you like best with your DeSoto, and, preferences for cantle bags? I have the Slimline pommel pax and slimline English cantle (which won't fit), so I'm debating between another Western Cantle slimline pack or the Uni-Pax. They advertise you can carry water bottles, but how, and how convenient would that be? Thanks, Randi and Falconfyre in Brooksville, Florida