Choke emergency/pnuemonia

  Reply to: wpwpw@tds.net  Lynette

Lynette asked me to post this to ridecamp. Can somebody help her??

Angie

>snip<

My dau. older arab mare just choked a few hours ago.  The vet came and we
unplugged the choke area.  However, she injested some grain into her
lungs.

He said our outlook is poor.
He treated her with 30CC of Polyflex and 16cc of antihistamine.

He said: pneumonia will probably kill her in 24 to 48 hrs.

I am hoping to post this on Ridecamp for others to share similiar cases
and looking for of course better results.  We live in a rural setting and
our Vets are no always up on everything available.

Could you post this into the Ridecamp for me, I do not know how to do it
and am waiting to find out
from the Ridecamp owner.

Lynette

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!