Saddle sore?

> I had rubbed a sore (abrasion type) under the stirrup fender.

You're swinging your leg.  If you can borrow something like an OF
Express, Amigo, Stitchdown, or Patriot you'll have a solid flap between
your stirrup leather and the horse to protect her.  Make sure the pad
reaches to the bottom of the flap.

After she's better you might try changing your stirrup length to see if
it will swing less.  I'll bet you're having to lean forward to get over
your feet, so you have to sort of pump your leg.  I tried competing with
a jumping saddle that had my feet out in front of me and was embarrassed
at the swinging leg marks that were on it when I sold it.  No problems
with the Express.

You could help by using the oversized English pad (or Australian) would
put some wool between you and her side, but you're going to wear the pad
out just like her side.

Angie