Saddle sore?

  On a conditioning ride last weekend, I noticed that on Scarlet's belly
I had rubbed a sore (abrasion type) under the stirrup fender.  I didn't
realize it was painful until a couple of days later during our WP lesson
when she bucked on me after a canter cue.   Poor girl.  Anyway, now I'm
leery of putting that saddle back on her.  I've used it for many years
and have never rubbed on her like this.  I'm going to a ride on 7/21, and
I hate the thought of having to pull because I've hurt my horse.  I'm
even thinking of doing this ride bareback!!
  Hmm, as I get through this, I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.
I don't have a different saddle to ride her in and wouldn't it be a bad
idea to suddenly use a different one at a ride?   Has anyone ever done an
LD bareback before?

Rae
Tall C Arabians -- TX