Getting Started

          RC: Re: getting started
    Date:Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:02:43 -0700
   From: guest@endurance.net
      To:ridecamp@endurance.net>

Deanna German finishis2win@columbus.rr.com
Dorothy,
Based on my recent experience (Newbie News), riding 5 times a week for an
hour at a time might be too much!  ;-))

. . . Still very new at this myself, but volunteering at the ride you aspire to do with your horse will be a fantastic learning experience (BTDT) and lots of fun-   My first "real" ride was a 40 mile 2-day Competitive Trail ride, and even though the rules are different, the pacing will be a little slower and more controlled.  This was a great way to start out.  Good luck!  :-)