2001 WS 50

Laurie H. Anderson Tattonka@onemain.com
Let's look at the positive side if possible.  The ride was not sanctioned,
and not subject to AERC rules; anybody entering knew that, and the sense
of "adventure" that would be involved.  Let's now take a break from all
the AERC bashing, and re-appreciate their sanctioning and protection
rules, even though we all complain about various rules from time to time.
Additionally, lets all say a genuine prayer of thanks that nobody drowned
in that river crossing.  I have crossed it in the daylight when my horse
had to swim, and I knew exactly where to cross, and even then, it was one
of the dumbest things I have ever done.  Thank you God, for watching over
our fellow riders!  Laurie Anderson