re: new here

Jill,

Welcome to ridecamp.  Your mare should be fine to start endurance on.
There are some QH & mustangs competing at the top levels in the sport
Many of us who have arabians, simply prefer to ride them, (not to
put down other breeds- but in my own experience my arabians are a
comfier ride than the grade QH types I've owned and ridden. Plus
I like the extra personality that arabians often have.)  When
you are riding for these kinds of distances you have to
 enjoy being on the horse.  Poke around on endurance.net
for lots of good info on getting started with conditioning programs
and the like.  Best wishes for getting into the sport, its really
a great group of people and a fun sport to enjoy with your your
horse.

Cheers,
Teresa
(in Denver, CO, so unfortunately too far to meet you personally)

Anyway, I would like to learn to do endurance riding. I have read alot
about it on here and other places and I think I would really like it.
I live in northern Arizona and I am 17yrs old. I  have a 7yr old
Mustang/QH mare. I don't know if she would be able to do it, as I see
most
people have arabians...
I am not sure how or what to do to get started..
Is there anyone else here in the Flagstaff area?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>