Letters Needed

Efforts are underway to establish the " Pony Express
National Historic Trail", which will hopefully eventually be open to riders
from St Joseph, Mo to Sacremento, CA.  One portion is under consideration
now in the Eldorado NF (CA).  We need letters supporting creating this trail
segment (which will be open to horses).  Alternative 2 is to build the
trail, Alternative 1 is not to.

For more info contact Melba Leal, National Pony Express
Association, PO Box 236, Pollock Pines, CA. 95726.

Here's an example of what I sent:

John Berry
Eldorado NF
100 Forni Rd.
Placerville, CA  95667

Dear Sirs:

 I am writing to express my support for Alternative 2 for the Brockliss
Segment of the Pony Express Trail.  I hope that this trail can be completed
to help preserve our cultural heritage of riding America's natural areas.

 The one concern I identified was whether the Pacific House Trailhead is
adequate to accommodate the large horse trailers many user pull, and which
are likely to be used by people traveling longer distances to the trail.  I
am also concerned about where horse users can camp nearby, but understand
that that is not a part of this project.

Sincerely,

Gregory C. Jones