Check ligament

My 4 yo gelding has had a swollen check ligament (RF) for about 6
weeks.  Neither I nor the vet nor the farrier have been able to detect any
lameness.  He shows no sensitivity when the vet examined/palpated/flexed
the leg.  The vet's instructions are to bring him in for an ultrasound if
he shows any lameness, but as of yet that has not happened.

Any ideas/suggestions?  I'm planning to start dressage lessons on him in
the next week or two.  No signs of pain or discomfort during or after our
rides in the arena.

Vicki Wheeler
Knoxville, TN