Quichapa Lake Ride

I went to the Quchapa Lake Ride this last weekend.  They had a 75 mile
ride and I believe that 7-8 people rode this Distance and I "think" that
Sandy Brown was first on his Arab not on Ruby the mule.

Not sure how many 50 milers but I would guess 25-30 and I am not sure who
placed where.  I was doing the 25 mile LD to train a 5 year old colt and
placed somewhere in the middle but was not trying to ride fast although
the colt and I had some serious discussions about this!  Six riders took
off fast right out of the camp and my guy did not like them ahead of him
and the first 6-7 miles was a struggle holding him in.

The ride is well managed, good country although it was unusually hot for
this ride (I am guessing 95-100 degrees), plenty of water, volunteers for
check points to make sure every one was on the correct trail.  The first
few miles of the 25 mile ride someone (local homeowner my guess) pulled
the ribbons so that was a little confusing.  Management furnished a deep
fried turkey dinner and T-shirts for completion.  Very pretty country and
the 50 and 75 milers get up in mountain meadows and do some serious
climbing.

Overall a very good ride and I enjoy it.