Death visits ridecamp

Jan Mills Kennedy jmkennedy@netonecom.net
Howard, Being a newbie to ridecamp and a veteran of the sport your story
touched a chord..is there not one of us out there who hasn't done
something really stupid in our first year or years in the sport? Yes, at
the expense of the horse...The point is we learn from it and go on and
hopefully we don't kill a horse doing it...Go with your gut
feeling...takes awhile to know what that is but once you do.. trust
it...never fails...my later years in the sport has proven it to me...your
horse will let you know if you listen to the signs..don't know what the
signs are?Read anything and talk to the vets about the sport.Ride your own
ride.
I don't know what the whole story is about your story and the flak you got
when you wrote it but someone must be really stupid not to get the point
here...your horse lived,Thank God!, and you learned a lot about distance
riding..Hard way to learn but you learned. anyone who has done mile after
mile conditioning and doing rides knows the bond between horse and rider
and most of us would do anything to keep from hurting our horse...mistakes
happen..we learn and we grow from that...Nuff said...I'm glad you still
have your buddy and my great old distance horse Rugged's Lacy B is living
the life of luxury at the age of 29!!! Retired her at 24..The one I'm
riding now is 22...Appy Trails Jan in Michigan