breathtaking.  We're going thru some mountains and hills, with lots of
green grass and real trees, winding our way thru the area.  It's nice for a
change not to be on a flat straight road, the change is very welcome.

Rocky was much less of a twit today, in fact I really enjoyed riding
him.  He was more his normal self, maybe because the terrain has changed,
or maybe because it's the second day this week I've ridden him.  He now
gets three days off and starting next Tuesday will do three days, Tuesday,
Thursday and Saturday. At least, that is the plan.  After next week (week
#5) we won't be on the 5 days on 2 off schedule anymore so I'm not sure yet
how we will alternate the horses.

It took us 4 1/2 hours to get into lunch today, approximately half way. <g>
With such lightning speed, we were able to finish up front.  The junior I
rode with, Kayla, came in third and I was fourth.  Not too bad for only
averaging 7 mph or less.  Lots of people are still continuing to slow down,
I think a few people are down to only two horses, which is all I started
with so now things are getting to be a more level playing field.  Joyce
Sousa and Kathy Thompson finished in front of us, and just behind were Jim
and Jamie Mitchell.

At least three rigs broke down today on the haul out of camp, Kat
Swigart's, the Jackson's (one of their rigs, they have two), Karen
Nelson's, and Terry Wooley's motor home.  One of the rigs was stopped going
up a steep hill and blocked all of the other rigs from getting out of
there.  Eric Thompson seems to always be in the wrong place at the right
time and gets to keep helping people who need it.

It was sure a beautiful day, the weather is cooler since we're up at over
7,000'.  It was nice to finish a little earlier today, I think we finished
at about 1:30 or 2:00 (with a 5:00 a.m. start).  This way we get time to do
all of the various chores that need to get taken care of.  It's not easy to
keep up, but at least tomorrow is the last day of our ride week and then we
have two days off to get everything done.

Lunch was at a beautiful spot on the river today. The horses got to graze
on all the grass and Rocky got a bath during his hold.  Kayla went and took
a nap, she's sure lucky to have her grandparents crewing for her.  Her
bother Troy did a ride and tie today with Jim Brown.  Kayla had an exciting
morning.  We were stopped at a spot to either get water or go thru a gate,
or both.....and she goes to get on her horse who didn't stand still. So
plop, she went down on the ground and her horse disappeared into the
horizon at a dead gallop.  Yep, over the hill he went.  At first I tried to
catch him but when I went in pursuit he only ran faster so I stopped and
then he slowed down and lucky for us headed back over to the trail and
continued down it until he caught riders at the next cattle guard and
gate.  Luckily they weren't thru it yet because I don't think he was going
to stop. Once he got over the hill I took off in hot pursuit and brought
him back to Kayla, effectively adding 2 miles to my GPS odometer for the
day.  All ended well though, horse and rider were fine.

Camp is really full up tonight, we're not all that crowded together but it
took some arranging to get all of the last of the big rigs in here late
this afternoon.

I had a syringe of electrolytes leak out all over today.  I also know why
Gu has it's name, and how messy desetin can be when the tube breaks.

Pat Verhuel, Jas and Trilby all took today off.  I think they are all
riding tomorrow.  Looks like Clark came back and otherwise most of the
people in camp are the same.  We all signed a card for Trilby, she just
reached 53,000 miles!

After finishing today I took Rocky's four foamed on easyboots off. They had
been on for two weeks, and everything looks good. :+)  He'll get reshod
this weekend and then get boots foamed on again that will hopefully last
another two weeks. Tomorrow I'll do the same thing with Weaver, since he's
coming up on his three day weekend too.  Terry Nance did the same thing
with his horse too, he says that he would have never believed it if he
hadn't seen it.

I should get those photos sets put together.  Wait till you guys see the
trail!  www.endurohorse.com

Happy XP Trails,

Karen
.....in Wyoming
& Rocky, with 450 XP miles so far
& Weaver, 400 and going again tomorrow.  :+)