|    Check it Out!    |
|[Date Prev]||[Date Next]||[Thread Prev]||[Thread Next]|
|[Date Index]||[Thread Index]||[Author Index]||[Subject Index]|
Hi Kathy: When you were at the PNH class for controlled Catastrophe was anyone riding the Horse? Was this a ground exercise without a rider? Your post doesn't really say either way. Thanks for any information. Bye Hope ======================================================================== >From: "Kathy Mayeda" <Kathy_Mayeda@atce.com> >To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <Shakesbearides@texoma.net> >Subject: RC: Re: Spook and Spin >Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:26:16 -0700 > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
---- End included message ----
Title: Re: Spook and Spin
- To: <email@example.com>, <Shakesbearides@texoma.net>
- Subject: RC: Re: Spook and Spin
- From: "Kathy Mayeda" <Kathy_Mayeda@atce.com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:26:16 -0700
- Old-Return-Path: <Kathy_Mayeda@atce.com>
- Resent-Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:31:10 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <jKbj2C.A.vtE.ORrJ7@seahorse.fsr.com>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
- Thread-Index: AcDzn7jqhbC1Q18VEdWQOQBQ2tjE0Q==
- Thread-Topic: Re: Spook and Spin
When I took a PNH clinic with Deb Cooper, we did an exercise called “controlled catastrophe”.
We would be in the arena, she would have a “flag” at the end of the “carrot stick” (plastic bag on
the orange Parelli wand thingy) and would deliberately spook the horse. Your job is to make sure
the horse does NOT spin. If he spins, you lose! And this is done with nothing more than a rope halter.
Needless to say, this is towards the end of a series of clinics where you learn to apply appropriate
pressure and your horse learns to respond to your pressure. You control the his nose by basic
“plow reining” so that you counteract the direction in which he is trying to spin. And then “you just
go on your way” as if nothing happened.
Yeah, yeah, easier said than done. That was the value of doing this as a “controlled catastrophe”
exercise with a Parelli instructor!
K.Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-
|    Check it Out!    |