Re: RC: Pavement

Hi Pamela; Where I live, there is about a one mile pavement stretch up a very very steep hill to get to the trails, OR there is a two mile stretch , that is mostly flat, to get to some other trails.  On the steep pavement, we walk slowly and carefully, and if the horses act up, I get off and lead, for fear of falling. On the flat pavement, I have occasionally trotted, but the footing is good, I stay near the edge and there is dirt and grit on the street so it isn't slippery.  But the horses we take up there and trot have a lot of long slow distance, and they are used to it, so we've never had a problem.  Beth