Thumps at the Track

->      I'm not sure but the previous calcium levels can play a big
> part in a > horse with the Thumps. Since he/she didn't store calcium
they become deficient while under stress or exercised.I'm not sure > this
is exactly how this goes

That's pretty much how I've understood it.  I'm not sure if it's
"storing" so much as utilizing or converting or something like that.
It's just that their body can get less efficient at utilizing calcium if
they have lots of it all the time...thus I only feed a tad of alfalfa now
and then to keep him where he won't be shocked by it, but offer it free
choice during a ride.

Angie

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.