Re: RC: that rearing thang

Hi Barbara
Funny you should mention the coke bottle. My first horse of my very own
was a Saddlebred youngster who LOVED to rear. The tapping with a crop
between the ears at the apex, as my trainer suggested, made no impact
whatsoever. The next suggestion was hitting him with a coke bottle
between the ears when he reared so that he would think he was bleeding
to death. As I could not even envision hitting a horse with a bottle and
having broken glass fall around his eyes, I brought a baggy loaded with
water on trail with me. When he got ticked I wanted to go off by myself
on trail and leave his buddies, he reared. When he reached the apex, I
slammed the baggy between his ears and the water gushes down.
He just stood there shaken up at first, and never reared with me again.
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov
(Yes, really 16.2!)
http://www.arabiansporthorse.com