Re: RC: TO KAREN ABOUT MALIBU

In a message dated 6/23/01 1:29:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, SandyDSA@aol.com
writes:

> I love Karyne and Boyd a lot - but I
>  don't condone letting this stuff slide - probably why she called me -
>  wondered why I didn't support her. I just can't support coddling the
>  profoundly stupid and dangerous. More later!

Karyne has the option of not allowing this rude equestrian at her ride next
year.  Of course she'll have to notify AERC and make sure all her ducks are
lined up, legally, to do this, but I think it's the best option to take.  The
rude rider will get the message.

I do think just blaming the ride manager is a mistake.  Why didn't any of the
riders, who actually saw it happening on the trail, get in this person's face
at the ride?  Have we gotten to the point where political correctness
controls everything we say and do?  If one can post, here on ridecamp, how
angry they are towards the road rage rider, how much of a jerk this person
was on the trail, why on earth can't they go up to the rider and tell them to
their face?

My guess is it's because there are juniors around the rider, and she uses it
as a barrier to protect herself.  Banning the rider from next year's Malibu
ride is a viable option.  Not going to this ride, if you'd normally attend,
because of the rage rider, is kind of like putting your head in the sand, so
you don't have to see anything unpleasant.  It's not the answer and won't fix
a thing.

It will be interesting to see what happens.  As one who has personally
experienced the power of Ridecamp, I almost feel sorry for the raged rider
and Karyne.

cya,
Howard (what are those crazy Californians gonna do next?)