Re: Dead Horse at NASTR

In a message dated 6/22/01 8:52:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lady_selene@hotmail.com writes:

> I think its simply a a case of nobody was there to know what happened so
>  nobody commented. I think everybody is tired of unsubstantiated claims and
>  rumors right now so nobody is gonna feed the fire so to speak. I really
>  doubt its a case of them covering it up or ignoring it. If its one thing
>  I've found out its that 98% of the endurance riders out there truly care
>  about the welfare of horse, theirs and other peoples.

I can, also, add that there is no code of silence here on ridecamp.  If this
rumor turns out to be true, I expect it will take over discussions for at
least a week, like it did when Dancer died.  That protest discussion in
Endurance News last month was a tough read.

This is one place where no secrets are hidden under the bed or in the closet.
 Dirty laundry is aired out it the open.  And I'm glad that we're waiting for
some substantiation to this sad occurrence, if it did happen.  It's the one
part of endurance that has to be our biggest fear and our most important
concern.  The horse.

cya,
Howard (I think a sad tale is gonna come with this one)