Re: RC: responsibility is the owner's,not the vets

In a message dated 6/22/01 2:04:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

Can a ride vet legally pull a horse's saddle and bridle to force the rider
to handwalk if he/she feels that is in the best interest of the horse?  I've
seen it happen, but don't know if it was okay by AERC standards.

They can and they do but I maintain that if a horse must be restricted by
time and/or pace, it does not need to go further, even another mile.  The
horse does not care about his record, his completion or his mileage.  If he
cannot proceed without restrictions, he should be done.......maryben