Horse dying at NASTR ride

Dear Ridecampers:

I have been following this thread with interest.

In my opinion we should definitely not jump to conclusions and start
pointing the finger without a solid understanding of the facts. In my
experience ridecamp is notorious for this kind of behavior. However I do
smell something here and personally would like to see an investigation take
place. I do not know the appropriate method to be adopted but there are
people who do and  I would like see action taken.

There is a fine line between compassion and competition and of course some
riders investigate the limits more than others. Experience, knowledge and
the ability to put the ego aside are all key factors in ensuring that the
best interests of the horse are put first. However, accountability is also
important and if we, as a group, are to "self police" I feel that we should
fully investigate all allegations of abuse. In cases where a level of guilt
is indicated I personally would like to see names named as a thought
provoking deterrent to those that may consider straying from the proper
path.

Thank you for your attention,

Malcolm Booth
San Anselmo, CA