lopsidedness

At 10:02 PM 6/21/01 -0400, MtnRondi@aol.com wrote:
>I always had one stirrup longer than the other, even though they were in the
>same holes. I shortened the longer stirrup to be comfortable.
>
>Then I took 6 yrs. of dressage lessons and learned how to sit centered and
>not collapse one hip (plus I went regularly to the chiro & so did my horse)
>and now my stirrups are always even.

This comment is not about your case because I surely know nothing about it.

I do know that "sitting centered and not collapsing one hip" is almost as much
a stirrup length problem than an educational one.

You CANNOT depend on holes for indicators of evenness even if they are a
set.  Stirrup leathers need to be paired and swapped regularly, especially if
you mount from the ground.

Since few people have legs that are the same length (that's why we circle in
one direction when lost) and even if one stirrup is the correct length, the
other
can be half a hole off.

In addition to causing you to sit off center "collapsing" your hip, this
can cause
ankle pain and make you feel as though you are off balance front and back.

Marv "Took 6 weeks of dressage lessons before the old cowboy
discovered the joy of following stirrup leathers." Walker
Horse & Other Info ~ http://MarvWalker.com/horse.htm