thin horse

Lynda Thompson beattyrugrats@juno.com
I have a 4 yr. old Arab gelding that I'm trying to put weitht on. I give
him one 3lb. coffee can of shredded beet pulp, 1/4 can of COB, 1/2 cup
olive oil, 1/3 cup missing link, and 2 scoops of ABC Plus.  Does this
sound like a good mixture to put weight on, or should I skip the olive oil
and missing link and just use rice bran mixed into the beet pulp.  He has
free choice grass hay with a very,very small amount of alfalfa in it.  He
also seems to be kind of poky out on the trail, which is fine since he's
only 4 and I don't want to override him.  Maybe this is just his layed
back attitude?  I'm just trying to figure out if I'm feeding him right to
put weight on him.  Thanks for all the help.
Lynda