change of plans for Great Northern Connection

Due to flooding at the Turtle Mountain  Park and the Souris River being to
high to cross on horseback the usual format for the Great Northern
Connection of moving camp each day to a new location will have to be
changed for this year only.  We will be staying at the first days location(
Spruce Woods Park, the site of the 1999 Pan Am Championship) for all three
days.  There will be different trails marked for each day so we won't be
doing a repeat each day.  The difficult sand dunes will not be repeated
after the first day. There will still be  offered 50 miles each of the
three days plus a 2 day 100, which is also the IAHA Region 17 Championship,
and a 3 day 150.  On the third day is a 1 day 100 miler which is a
qualifier for the 2001 Pan Am Championship.  There will be no repeat loops
in the 100 miles as there is over 100 miles of marked trails.  All vet
checks will be in base camp.

A professor from the Vet College at Saskatoon will be doing research to
quantify electrolyte and fluid losses in the horse at this ride. This
service will be included in the entry fee. This will tell the amount of
each electrolyte your horse is losing so you will be able to know if you
are supplementing adequately.

If you have any questions please contact me:  Myna Cryderman, email:
mcryderman@escape.ca