Re: RC: Rice bran question

Can anyone tell me about the benfits/drawbacks to feeding rice bran?

I like rice bran alot and have used it on two hard keepers, neither of which
would eat oil in there food.  It was easy to store and they loved the taste
of it.  The brand I bought was made by a company called Select and it came
in 40 lb tubs (the tubs are awesome storage bins, an added bonus).  To the
hardest keeper, I added 1/2 coffee can (1 lb size) to dinner only (she was
too impatient in the morning to eat much) with lots of warm water to make a
soup (that's how she liked it).  The other one I made it a stiffer mix.
While being high fat and very palatable, it is also 14% protien.  One of my
hard keepers is an Arabian and I didn't find that it made him nuts.  It did
make a huge difference in both of them holding their weight.

Carolyn Burgess